Saturday, September 03, 2005

What A Weekend!

I’ve just returned from what I can only describe as being the time of my life! I went along to Promise Keepers with some friends from College, one of whom had been for many years previous. Despite all that I had been told, PK had to be experienced…and I wasn’t disappointed!
In a time when I needed God the most, God showed up at Promise Keepers. I have never heard anything as special and as sacred as two thousand men, from all walks of life, raise their voice to God. Trust me – it was an incredible atmosphere that our Lord would have easily have wiped tears from His eyes. It was that amazing at PK.
With all that said and done, the tough part of PK begins. I am required to walk in God’s ways and God’s truths. I am required to stand firm against the enemy and prayerfully fight him at all costs. I am required to be accountable to the people close to me who I can trust in times of crises. Why do I say ‘required’? Because if I don’t, I’m gonna drop dead…spiritually. I’ll be picked off like a duck at a shooting gallery if I don’t take a stand!
If there’s one thing I am most certainly carrying with me from PK, it’s this: We Christian Men need to stick together!

Amen!

No comments: