Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Overwhelmed!

I have just come back from “Earthquakes from Whispers” utterly overwhelmed! EFW was a prayer meeting like no other. My Church has overseas missionaries that we support, working in various countries in the East. These countries in fact, are home mainly to the religion of Islam. The prayer meeting was set up as ‘stations’, where each station was a representation of a different country. It was amazing to see all the different countries being prayer for and over, and also the different prayer needs for each country (though there were some similarities).
What struck me most – and the image is still fresh in my head – were two photos in the Bangladesh station. These photos were of young Christians who were martyred in June this year for showing the Jesus Film. It was horrifying to say the least looking at these photos of two battered, beaten, bloodied bodies (in some parts you could actually see bone)! And this is actually happening in the world – even as I write this post.
I think I got something of a small ‘awakening’ tonight, looking at each of these countries and their situations. My prayer is that I forever learn from what I have seen tonight.

No comments: