Sunday, August 21, 2005

Two Weeks From Now...

My girlfriend and I had a talk today. She's currently got a lot on her plate at the moment, and feels that she needs to take some time away to prioritise her life. For her, this means a period of change, a time of reflection and prayer, a time that God really needs to come to the party on. For me it could mean that in two weeks I may or may not have a girlfriend...

She has asked for some space and some time to sort things out, and I am going to cease contact with her for the next two weeks, in honor of her request. To be honest I don't want to think that I could be single. For those that know me, you will know how much she means to me. It is my feelings for her that will carry me through this difficult time. It is my feelings for her that will honor her with the much needed space she wants.
It is going to be a turbulent time, one full of uncertainties and questions. For you, the reader, I ask that you pray not only for me, but please give the lion's share of prayer to her during this time. I feel that it is her that needs the prayer the most. I simply want to get to the end of two weeks and still be that pillar of support for her, to still be her "man". But in facing the possibility of a break-up, I may have to prepare myself. Obviously I don't want to lose her, but I don't want her to continue battling issues.
I guess the next two weeks are going to be a time of soul-searching for the both of us. Not just as a couple, but in our individual lives primarily. While we both get space to seek God with all of our hearts, my hope and prayer is that not only she comes out the other side better off, but our hearts may be as one.

To those close to me: you know who you are. I'll need you guys for these next couple of weeks. Thank you for being there =)

1 comment:

Warwick Tomlinson said...

Dude, you must know that you can lean on me whenever you want, and that i will pray for both you and Melinda.
It always makes my heart heavy when i hear that satan is playing these games with people, but be strong. Kia kaha.
Pray that through this time that God will strengthen you as you search his heart also that Satan will not have anyway of clouding the thoughts of Melinda.
I must say as a friend (don't take this the wrong way) that i always see these things as a huge cop-out.
'I need to find myself.' 'I need space.' Both of these prases are incredibly selfish because they start with 'I'.

Be upset, break stuff if you have to, ring me and talk, whatever.
In these cases you are allowed to be human.
I'm not sure if this makes you feel better, but i hpoe it does.
Remeber i'm there for you man. LOOK TO GOD.Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that i am God."