Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Pain Within My Heart

I realise that for some visitors to my blog, it could seem strange that I am bringing this up. But this is my little corner of cyberspace after all, and in this instance I’m expressing how I’m feeling at the moment. Your prayers are appreciated, because I’m finding this process incredibly painful. In fact, it’s more painful than past experiences like it.
It’s been three weeks since my girlfriend and I broke up. Although we still communicate (which is good), and still have a good friendship (which is also good), I have to admit and be honest with myself…I miss her!
Since the breakup, we have seen each other twice; once to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (awesome movie), then coffee afterwards, and briefly tonight before I went into a game of Laser Strike (she was just coming out of one). But I want to touch on the movie time. Spending time with her was a blessing, no doubt about that. But the time we did share that day really hit my heart. It made me realise just how much I do miss spending time with her. If I had to be totally honest, my total honesty would then be expressed in two parts. Part one: I want her back! And Part two: I want to get over her!
Just one problem – I can’t have both. With God’s help, I want to be released from the pain that this breakup has brought. I have had many breakups in the past, but none have been as painful as this. Most of the time I have felt the pain straight away, and by this time have gotten over it. But this one has done the reverse, namely that I have been fine in the first two weeks…then it’s hit me hard! And it is hurting me inside. There has been many times as of recent where I’ve wanted to sit down by myself and cry, but I have been unable to. I’m sure one day I will be free from all this, by the power and grace of God. But for the moment, I am in emotional pain. I admit this freely.

Please pray for me, my friends. I need you all! This isn’t a statement of weakness. It is a declaration of need.

2 comments:

Warwick Tomlinson said...

I feel for you Ryan really i dobut like you said you can't have your cake and eat it too, unfortunately.
Although it might seem cliche-ish you will get over her in time, but, then again maybe this is just where God wants you to be. Broken before him.

There are no magic words to make it all better, all you do is carry on. And when the emotion overwhelms you, let it.

As men we are prone to feel all macho when there is no necessity for it. God created human BEINGS, so just be.
But 'be' for God.

As Alyssa says in her infinite wisdom.. "Praise God for Rynan"

Anonymous said...

heya dude, I will pray for you. I certainly don't have any magic words but I do hope and pray things get better