Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Vulnerable

I have known this for a number of years, but even to this day it still hits itself home in my life. Relationships  are one of my biggest weaknesses in my life. Allow me to explain…
If you’ve managed to get through whole-cloth my previous post (the really really  large one), you will discover that yes indeed, I do have a ‘crush’ on someone. There’s good news and bad news that ties in with this. The good news is that I’m currently only interesting in building up a friendship first. I have known all too well what it’s like to date without that solid friendship foundation in place. The bad news is that (and yes I have chosen the right words) I feel drawn to someone else. I know the words I’ve used may sound a little odd, but I hope you can grasp the central message I’m trying to communicate. But it’s a little more complicated than that. The person I have the ‘crush’ on lives in Christchurch (which is good), but the person whom I’m feeling drawn to is not a permanent resident to New Zealand, and is returning to her home country in February. And that’s a big shame, because right from the word ‘go’ we’ve hit it off and act like we’ve been friends for years. I enjoy her company immensely, and am not looking forward to having her return to her home country. There have been – and will be – many prayers thrown upwards to God, as one would expect. Your prayers and comments are of great appreciation =)
I know what the solution has to be, but it’s a tough situation when you like one person but are drawn to another. I hope I’m not a lone voice in this. If there have been any other people that have experienced this, I’d love for you to leave a comment.

No comments: