Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I Am Ryan (well, last time I checked...)

I got looking on Lani’s blog, and spied an interesting post. It’s one of those About Me questionnaires, and so I thought I’d copy and paste the questions, and follow up with answers pertaining to myself =)
Enjoy, O web surfer…


The Basics
Name: Ryan
Height: 5’10”Shoe size: 9
Hair color: Very Dark Brown
Siblings: 1 Older Sister
Eyes: Hazel and Green
Hometown: Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Current Home: As above, but also residing in a house
Favorite Places: Hawdon Valley, Arthurs Pass, anywhere that is tramp-able.
Favorite Sodas: A mix of coke, fanta and lift (in equal thirds, this makes raspberry!!)
Favorite Games: Chess, Risk (Original and LOTR), the Civ3 board game
Favorite Food: Indian by far!
Favorite Book: Bible, The Case For Series
Favorite Place to Eat: Errrmmm…pass?
Favorite Fancy Place: Probably Brisbane. That’s pretty fancy…
Favorite Hobby: Computer Games
Friends: Of course I have…I hope =)
Favorite Show: I hardly watch TV, but it would have to be That 70’s Show and Doctor Who
Favorite News: TV3
Favorite Dog: A “woofy” dog, that actually looks like a dog. Bichon-Frise doesn’t count! Neither do Chihuahuas
Favorite Sports: Cricket, Soccer, Laser Strike
Favorite Fruits: Bananas, Mandarins, Apples, and definitely Strawberries!
Favorite Song: Too many to list.
Steak or Lobster: Gotta be steak, especially T-Bone
Favorite Colour: Red
Favorite Weather: Thunderstorms!


You…
You have a crush on someone: That I do…but it would be telling =)
You wish you could live somewhere else: Nah, where I’m at is all good. I’m close to everything close to me
You think about suicide: There was a time long ago when I did, but I’m too chicken to take my own life
You believe in online dating: Kind of. Never done it, but for some people it seems to work. Not for me though…
You want more piercings: More? I have to actually get piercings first before I can get more =)
You like cleaning: Not my favorite pastime, but if it needs doing, then here I come
You like roller coasters: I’ve been on a few ‘dry’ ones, but none that go upside-down
You write in cursive or print: Hell yes I write in print
You last talked to: The bus driver
You last did laundry: Saturday
You last prayed: Last night


For or Against:
Long distance relationships: Against, but that’s because it never worked out. I have no doubt they can work, but for me it’s difficult
Killing people: That’s a tricky one, and hotly debated out there. It’s very scenario-dependable
Teenage smoking: Against smoking irrespective of age
Driving drunk: Totally against
Gay/Lesbian relationships: Against
Soap operas: Not a fan of soaps.
Iraq occupation: Another tough one. Pass.


Have You…
Ever cried over a girl: Yes
Ever cried over a boy: No
Ever been in a fist fight: Yes
Ever been arrested: Almost, but no
Ever had a friend die: Yes, unfortunately
Ever dated a cousin: Urgh! Heck no
Ever used a gun: Does Laser Strike count? But other than that, yes. It’s not much but I’ve used a bolt-action small-bore rifle. Wouldn’t mind using my mate’s .303 =)
Ever finished a puzzle: Yes
Ever got surgery: Yes, mostly on my teeth
Ever got beat up: Yes
Ever hated someone: Yes
Ever made a huge mistake: HA! The greatest rhetorical question ever – yes
Ever tried any drugs: Yes


What
Shampoo do you use: Dunno…what’s there is what I usually grab
Shoes do you wear: Crusty $20 Warehouse ones
Are you scared of: Spiders and Death
Do you sleep in: Boxers, but also a bed
Did you eat for lunch: Today I grabbed Subway
Is love: You cannot answer this in one sentence. But the best I can do is that Love is not what society defines it as. Love is the highest good in this cosmos that is founded in the one true God
Is a player: people that screw others round (in a relationship context)


Number
Of times I have had my heart broken?: two or three
Of hearts I have broken?: hopefully none, but I don’t think I’m that lucky
Of times my name has been involved in drama?: Pass
Of scars on my body?: Many!
Of things in my past that I regret? Quite a few
Of drugs you have taken: one
Of accidents you been in: I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a huge number
Of people you broke up with? 12


Favorite
Five letter word: House
Actor/Actress: Harrison Ford/Nicholas Cage and I can’t think of an Actress (yet)
Comedian: Billy Connolly
Candy: Fizzy Tabs
Cartoon: Tom and Jerry
Cereal: Weet-Bix, and my Mum’s Special-K
Day(s) of the week: Wednesday and Friday
Least fave day: Sunday
Flower(s): Roses
Shapes: Dodecahedrons!!
Jello flavor: Raspberry
Summer/Winter: Winter definitely. I can’t handle the hot weather of summer


Person who last…
Slept in your bed: Me
Saw you cry: my best mate Nat
Made you cry: A friend’s mother (long story)
You went to the movies with: my ex-girlfriend
Yelled at you: Ummm…long time since I was last given a serious yelling. Most probably my Dad
Sent you an email: TradeMe


Have you ever…
Said "I love you" and meant it?: Yes
Gone out in public in your pajamas?: Hehe no
Kept a secret from everyone?: Yes
Cried during a movie?: I have been close, but not fully yet
Ever at anytime owned new kids on the block?: No
Planned your week based on the TV Guide?: Haha a few times
Been on stage?: YES! It’s soooo cool
Apples or Bananas?: Bananas
What was the last meal you ate?: Subway
Last noise you heard?: My excessive typing
Last smell you sniffed?: Coffee
Last time you went out of town?: Labour Weekend (Arthur’s Pass)


Friendship/Love
Who was your first peck on the lips?: I dunno...Mum??
Who was the last person you kissed?: As above, without the ‘I dunno’ bit
Do you believe in love at first sight?: No
Do you want children one day & if so, how many?: Yes, probably two. Not really keen for an overly large family. As long as it stays together =)
Most important things to you in a friendship are?: Trust and Honesty


Random Stuff
Criminal record?: No
Do you speak any other languages?: I know bits of others but none that I can speak fluently
Name some of your favorite things in your bedroom?: Computer, CDs, Books, and of course myself
Thing you dislike about yourself the most?: My insecurities
Worst feeling in the world?: Depression
Whom you love: Family, friends, and my cell group leader
Whom you miss: Nana


Your…
Nickname(s): The J Man, J, Jethro, Spike, Vegito
Initials: RBS
How old do you look?: I haven’t shaved in four days, so I look like I’m roughly 25?
How old do you act?: serious
Braces: Never had ‘em, never will
Do you have any pets?: Four cats: two at my Mum’s house, one at my Dad’s house, and the next door neighbors cat that visits us from time to time
You get embarrassed?: very rarely, but it happens
What upsets you?: A lot of things, but can be summed up in three words: lack of integrity    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for thunderstorms!!! Soooooo good!!!