Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Time For Change

After dicing it up in my head for almost too long, it’s time to be brutally honest with myself about blogging. Visitors will spot the ever-growing gap between blogs, and that’s for a very good reason; I’ve (sadly) lost the ‘drive’ to blog as frequently as I used to. When I began my blog, it was in the middle of last year for one of my classes. When the nature of my posts didn’t meet the grading criteria, this blog then essentially became my online place to express my thoughts, feelings and opinions, particularly theological ones. These days, my blog has declined into none of the above. Looking back now, I think I placed upon myself unnecessary pressure/obligation to blog. This of course, is the wrong approach, and henceforth I am going to try a different approach to remove the ‘compulsion to post’, the expectation. I will instead opt to turn this blog into a more ‘personal’ direction. My idea at this time is to mainly check in each week with how I’m going, what’s good and what’s not so good in my life…basically, returning to the personal side of blogging (within reason of course). If I have theological musings, these will most likely be written offline  on my computer, rather than posted up here.
In any case, I won’t be disappearing completely, just rehashing the whole aspect of blogging.

Peace out!

No comments: