Thursday, July 09, 2009

Still Alive and Seemingly Well

My good grief, it sure has been awhile since I actually wrote on this thing. To be perfectly honest and frank, it's been a looooooonnnnngggg time since I even thought about the world of the Blogosphere. But, here I am, apparently back again; back behind the keyboard and still typing strong.

What's been happening...let's see...since I graduated from Laidlaw College (formerly Bible College of New Zealand, of which it was called during my tenure), I returned to my old place of employment, Window Treatments, for another small stint of the full-time wage thing. However, this period would only last a year, for during my time back in the WT saddle (whereupon I was 'promoted' to a new position), I got thinking about my future again. Given what I was doing at WT, I didn't want to still be there after five years, having worked hard but gotten absolutely nowhere. So I decided to do something quite spectacular and unprecedented - I quit WT and left for the University of Canterbury.

And, as you can imagine, university commitments have been taking up quite a lot of my time.

As I write this post, I have completed (successfully I believe) my first semester of university, and after this weekend I will be back again for part two of my first year, recommencing my BSc degree with a "healthy" round of:
- Calculus
- Physics (see next paragraph)
- Computer Science
- Statistics
Physics is the surprise subject, given the fact that when I started my degree I didn't plan on continuing in Physics. But after I completed the introductory paper, I found that I loved it, so it became something of an easy choice to make. Watch this space...

Anyways, this is a post letting you all know that I am still out there. Hopefully I can be a bit more prudent in making future posts.

Peace out!

1 comment:

Warwick Tomlinson said...

and look how you've grown. its quite interesting where God is taking us isn't it