Saturday, April 29, 2006

Genealogy Update

I promised updates as they came to hand, so here’s the first in what I hope to be a frequent list of updates.
I was in Central Library on Thursday for a good part of the afternoon, with a mission to find out more of my family line. Prior to this, my lineage became ‘cold’ at my Grandfather (on Dad’s side, the line I am fervently tracing). My aim was to discover who my Great-Grandparents were. After four hours of searching, I came away with what can only be described as a ‘baby-step’ – but it’s still a step nevertheless.
Going through early Electoral rolls, I have found a list of three possibilities of who could be my GG. Although (after some careful out-of-library research) I may have – by process of elimination – discovered who of the three it could be, I can’t help but sit in the chair of “Un-Confirmation”. I would like to confirm beyond all doubt that my Granddad’s Dad is so-and-so, and thus continue my trace of the Sumner family line. And maybe get out  of New Zealand and plow through my ancestor’s homeland.

Watch this space…

No comments: