Sunday, April 13, 2008

Welcome Back...Yet Again!

Hmmm...*thinks*...this is almost becoming something of a habit these days. But nevertheless, here I am - once again - in an attempt to return to the world of the Blogspot!

Since my last post (albeit six months ago), quite a LOT of things have happened in my life. I can explain these changes in a "I am no longer" list. So, here goes...

For starters, I am no longer a swinging seminary student (nice alliteration) of BCNZ. My three years have come and gone; my slogging away at a ministry degree is over, and I have since had my graduation and (finally) wrapped my sore-from-exam-writing fingers around a degree that I have looked forward to for so long. As well as this, I feel a great privilege to have stood shoulder-to-shoulder with the rest of my fellow students; fellow sufferers of the toils of study, who too have slogged away and gained their degrees as well.

I am also no longer a swinging single either. As of about a month ago at the time of writing this, I got married to an incredibly special friend of seven years, and have since set up home (again), this time as somebody's husband (incredible too is the fact that I just typed myself as a 'Husband'). While I am in some ways still getting my bearings around what married life entails, I will readily admit that married life has turned out better than I would ever have expected. Sure, there will be tough times at unexpected turns, but that is fine. Anyone who knows the scope and depth of my friendship with my now wife will know that we will be OK when testing times arrive.

Apart from these two seismic differences in my life, not much else has really changed. I have since returned to my original place of occupation, where I endeavour to think and reflect upon the next stage in my life, particularly with reference to where I wish to apply my degree and my learnings. Until then, I hope to be a bit more frequent with my blogging than I have been in the past.

Ka Kite Ano

1 comment:

Warwick Tomlinson said...

And about bloody time too... Again, congrats on everything. is interesting that you address the gaining of your degree above that of getting married hmmm do i need to read into this *laughs very loudly at his own joke (so, so sad)*.

Anyway, isnt it nice to have a degree? mine takes pride of place on my office wall for all the world to see.

By the way, all is well here including bex (you know what i mean)